Some Common Conditions we may help you with:
What can cause Neck Pain?
Your neck is the vital passageway through which the spinal cord passes to connect the brain to the arms and legs and key bodily organs and tissues. The brain, spinal cord, and spinal nerves control and coordinate almost all body functions.
The seven cervical vertebrae (spinal bones) in the neck have highly mobile joints so that you can easily move your head in multiple directions and a large range of motion. Since the neck is exceptionally flexible, it lends itself easily to injury and pain.
An Injury to the head or neck may injure the supporting muscles, tendons and ligaments of the neck and perhaps interfere with essential circulation to the head and brain.
Facts about Headaches and Chiropractic care:
Everyone suffers from headaches occasionally. We get through them as well as we can, sometimes easily and sometimes not so easily. Headaches come in a variety of forms, but the most common types are:
- Migraine – Due to the narrowing and/or expanding of blood vessels in the skull.
- Tension – Due to cramps or spasms in muscles surrounding the skull
- Neck – Due to problems with joints or muscles of the neck cause head pain.
Some interesting facts about headaches, which you should know:
- 20% of all headaches sufferers have chronic, or recurrent, headaches
- Every year, about 3.5 billion dollars is spent on headache medication
- The World Health Organization, which covers such things as disease outbreaks and malnutrition worldwide, has a variety of information concerning headaches and treats them as a serious problem
- In the English speaking world, nearly 10% of all chiropractic patients seek chiropractic treatment for headaches
- Chiropractic treatment for headaches has been proven safe and effective, without the side effects of painkillers and other headache medications
As you may have inferred from the information above, chiropractic treatment for headaches does not generally include painkillers or other drugs. Instead, Tysdal Chiropractic uses physical manipulation of your neck joints and muscles, as well as the exercise and stretching of your neck muscles.
Further, your chiropractor will search for the root cause of your headaches and develop a plan to help you avoid headaches in the future.